Thursday 14 July 2016

Movies to watch in 2016: Updated with what I've watched so far and thoughts.

Batman vs Superman - Not holding out too much hope. I didn't really like Man of Steel and this looks like it's in the same mold. - Was strange and confusing with moments of great dumb. Some of the action sequences and perfomances were good though. Not a complete disapointment but close.

Captain America: Civil War - Yes. 100% stoked for this. Looks great. - Was great. IMO the best MU Movie so far. Another great chapter in this franchise.

Ghostbusters - Why yes, I do think I will call. - Booking tickets for this weekend.

Hail! Ceaser - Cohen brothers latest offering in the comedy mold. - Was pretty funny with some excellent sequences. Overall slight disapointment as the finish of the movie was flat.

Dad's Army - For pure nostalgia reasons. - Did not get to see this. Was it even released in Australia???

Deadpool - Even though I'm not a big fan of the comic book. - Awesome. Exactly what is said on the tin and Ryan Reynolds was fantastic.

Doctor Strange - Yes, I am a sucker for Marvel CU movies. - Not out yet.

Free State of Jones - Mathew McConaughey in a Civil War drama about a white man that marries a slave. - Not out yet.

Hateful Eight - Released in Australia in 2016. - Violent, bloddy and well done. Again the finish was a bit flat for me but overall enjoyed.

Star Trek Beyond - I actually missed the last one... Still haven't seen it. - Waiting...

Suicide Squad - Out soon.

Kung Fu Panda 3 - Excellent Sequel to the previous movies. Fun and enjoyable.

X-Men Apocalypse - You had me at Psylocke - Overall I enjoyed it but it was a close run thing. A few 'What the Dumb' moments. Some excellent sequences. And, of course, Psylocke was woefully underused and no English accent.

Rougue One - Which is due out at the end of December, which is Star Wars time.- Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment