Wednesday 1 July 2015

Mission Statement

I bought my first comic book in October 1978 when I was 5, for 10p. It was Star Wars, which I had just watched at the movies and was obsessed with. In the back of the book was some filler strips. Somehow I ended up getting another batch of books, Power Man and Iron Fist, The Avengers, The Atom, from the newsagent to keep me company when I was sick. 

After the Star Wars book stopped (now named Return of the Jedi) I found another copy of The Avengers in another newsagent in 1986. The artwork of John Buscema leapt out at me and a real passion had developed.

I managed to amass a rather huge collection of books since those fateful days, through weekly collecting, huge massed purchases and gifts of no longer wanted books from friends. Indeed these days I will offer old books a home instead of letting them get junked.

So now I have managed to get to the point where I need to sit down and read a few thousand books to make sure I have read them all.

So this is my mission statement: to read through my massive back catalog of comic books.

I'm going to achieve that mission by taking batches of books, or trades or collections, reading them and then posting a review of the books here.


 

I will batch books up into collections of my own devising eg: John Byrne's run on FF, The Watchemen (which I only have in a collection), Thunderbolts Trade Paperback, 

or I will just lump what I have eg: Uncanny X-Men 220 - 275 (that's a lot of books).

I will try and let you know when and how I collected the books and give you a qualified review. I may touch on collecting books and my views on that. Heck, I might even stick up a review of some of the movies, as there is one or two floating about these days.

Note: Although I have reasonable English skills I am Dyslexic. The spelling on this site seems to be American, so I have no idea about some words. Apologies in advance.

Note: My 'idea' and the format is ripped whole-sale from this guys site:

Too Many DVDs
http://toomanydvds.blogspot.com.au/

Also note he gave me a HUGE batch of books I will be reviewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment